Why Teach?

 I believe that teaching is an ultimate gift to be able to impact the lives of the students that you come by. No matter what subject that I choose to teach I know it will guide me to help students exceed their indiviudal growth. Teachers are very special people. I had multiple teachers that had impacted my life drastically. Everyday they always had a big smile on their faces and just were excited to teach and that made us actually want to engage in class because it felt like a safe place to my classmates and I. I was motivated by them to become a Teacher because I want to be that one teacher that every student would go to if they needed anything and have my students feel safe and understood. I want to work in 6th grade because I find those years being more challenging in children lives. I don't have a specific subject Id like to teach because I find all subjects very interesting. 

About Me:

My name is Brienne, but I go by Bri because its way easier to pronounce! I am originally from a small town in Louisiana. Ive lived in a lot of places in my life including: in Katy, New Braunfels, and Fulshear Texas. My hobbies include: playing with my dachshund Indy, hanging out with my little sisters, reading only Nicolas sparks books and going to the beach. When I graduated high school I went to Blinn for two years and was majoring in nursing then I decided to change my major to education because I felt that it was meant for me to be a teacher. Therefore, I transferred to Texas State due to the education program is elite and have been here since. I would like to teach in a middle school, grade 6 to be exact because I feel that their lives are changing in that stage of life, and I would love to make an impact on all of my students. I don't have a specific subject I would like to teach, I am still trying to figure out which subject I would enjoy doing the most. My passions for teaching would be to create effective learning for my students and make my classroom a safe place or them as well. I believe that passion for learning and teaching creates more enthusiasm for students to engage in class. I hope everyone has a great semester!



Comments

  1. Effective teaching and a safe space seem like two very wonderful goals for you as a new teacher.
    Welcome to our class.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

What is worth learning?

What is the purpose of schools?